Demography: the statistical study of human populations especially with reference to size and density, distribution, and vital statistics
The Douglas County Department of Community Development compiles and analyzes demographic and economic data, and publishes the Population and Development Report.
A compilation of data and statistics from county, state, and federal sources covering population, housing, and economic topics.
Demographics – 2016
- Population estimate for January 1, 2016: 327,230
- The population estimates for the past few years have been revised upward to better reflect data from the State Demography Office. The following revised estimates are for January 1 of each year.
- 2015 – 319,210
- 2014 – 309,760
- 2013 – 300,500
- 2012 – 293,000
- The housing growth rate in 2015 was 2.5%.
- 91 percent of the population lives in urban areas which is 17.5 percent of the County land area
- 9 percent of the population lives in rural areas which is 82.5 percent of the County land area
- Incorporated towns and cities estimated populations for January 1, 2016
- Castle Pines – 10,865
- Castle Rock – 59,845
- Larkspur – 195
- Lone Tree – 13,520
- Parker – 50,675