Designated: May 22, 2012
Current Owner: Pikes Peak Grangers #163
Nominated By: Mary O’Pry
Organized on March 14, 1908, Pikes Peak Grange #163 first held meetings at the 1884-era Founder School. The grangers wasted no time in establishing their own hall. In August 1908, Granger William E. Converse donated the land and granges made plans to construct a hall on the one-acre site. Members donated work and money, which also including holding many fundraising events. The building was dedicated on March 5, 1909 and is the only remaining grange in Douglas County that is still active.
This grange hall is a good example of the architectural style that was typical of many of the buildings constructed by pioneers in rural Colorado during the 1860s- through the early 1900s. The vernacular front-gabled, wood-frame, rectangular shaped building sits on a rhyolite stone and concrete foundation.