Designated: March 13, 1999
Current Owner: West Douglas County Fire Protection District
Nominated By: Barbara Machann
The station was built in 1933 through the cooperative efforts of prominent citizens and organizations of the community, including merchants, ranchers, churches, lodges, and women’s groups. It replaced the original Sedalia firehouse, which was built in 1907. The building is distinctive for its period construction, and includes the bell and bell tower from the original firehouse. The cornerstone, which was laid in a ceremony honoring the founders and the history of the Sedalia Fire Department, contains a time capsule preserving records of that history.