One of the best ways to become involved with your County government is to serve on one of its many Citizen Advisory Boards, Committees and Commissions.
These advisory bodies give citizens the opportunity to provide input into the County’s decision-making process. The County, in turn, benefits from our citizens’ expertise and experience. The responsibilities, terms of office, membership size, appointment process and meeting schedules vary for each board, committee and commission. Information about each of the boards, committees and commissions is provided below.
List of vacancies on Boards, Commissions or Committees
Position responsibilities, position representation (at-large or by Commissioner District), terms of office, board, committee or commission size, appointment process and meeting schedules vary for each board, committee and commission.
List of Citizen Advisory Boards, Committes and Commissions
- Application for Appointment for Citizen Advisory Boards
- Audit Committee
- Board of Adjustment
- Building Board of Appeals
- Commissioner Appointments
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Advisory Board
- Cultural Council
- Extension Advisory Committee
- Fair Board of Directors
- Historic Preservation Board
- Human Services Citizen Review Panel
- Juvenile Community Review Board
- Library District Board of Trustees
- Liquor Licensing Authority
- Mile High Regional Emergency Medical & Trauma Advisory Council
- Open Space Advisory Committee
- Parks, Trails and Building Grounds Advisory Board
- Placement Alternatives Commission
- Planning Commission
- Tri-County Board of Health
- Veterans Services Office
- Weed Advisory Commission
Citizen Ad Hoc Advisory Committees
Citizen Ad Hoc Advisory Committees are groups of citizens organized for the purpose of providing advice and assistance to the County Commissioners regarding various County issues.
If you have questions about a particular board, committee or commission, please contact the staff person listed or you may also call the Commissioners’ Office at 303.660.7401.
If you are interested in applying for one of the advisory boards, please complete this online form. It will be submitted to staff for review.
Appointment to Douglas County Citizen Advisory Boards, Committees and Commissions PDF version to fill out, print and mail to:
Douglas County Commissioners' Office
100 Third Street
Castle Rock, Colorado 80104.