Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP)
LEAP runs from November 1 through April 30 of every year. For Douglas County residents, the program is administered by the Colorado Department of Human Services’ contract with Discover Goodwill of Southern & Western Colorado.
LEAP is a mail-in only program. If you received an application in the mail, use the reply envelope provided. If you would like to pick-up an application they are available at the Castle Rock Human Services office, or call and ask to have one mailed to you. However, do not mail or fax your application or other documentation to the Human Services office this will slow down processing. After you apply, do not ignore your heating bill. If you are approved, LEAP will not pay your entire heating bill. Continue to pay something on your bill to avoid disruption of service. It may take 50 days to process your application.
- You pay home heating costs to an energy provider, fuel dealer or as part of rent.
- You are a permanent legal resident of the United States and Colorado, or have household members that are U.S. citizens.
- You can provide proof of lawful presence in the U.S. Some of the most common types are listed below. If you have questions about documentation that may be acceptable, please email LEAPHELP@discovermygoodwill.org
- Colorado driver’s license or Colorado identification card
- United States military card or military dependent card, or United States merchant mariner card
- Native American tribal document
- Any other document authorized by the Department of Revenue
- Your maximum family household income falls within the guidelines in the chart below. (“Household” refers to those who live in the residence and are financially dependent.)
|Household Size||Maximum Gross Monthly Income
Effective Nov. 1, 2016
(165% of poverty)
|Each additional person||$572|