Veterans Emergency Assistance Funds

Douglas County was recently the recipient of a $10,000 state grant providing emergency assistance to veterans struggling with housing (mortgage and rent payments), transportation, employment, healthcare or other emergency needs.

“Our goal with these grant dollars is to help our Veterans bridge the gap during an emergency, creating a temporary safety net for the most basic and essential needs, while simultaneously connecting our Veterans with opportunities to obtain a more permanent solution towards becoming self-sufficient,” said David Maxwell, Douglas County’s Veteran Services Officer.

To apply for the veterans assistance funds please fill out the form below.

• Verification

• Please attach copy of DD-214
  • Please attach a copy of any of the following: Driver's License; Property Tax Receipt, Utility Bill, etc.
  • Acknowledgement and Acceptance

By typing my name below I acknowledge that all gift cards and food cards are to be used only for healthy foods or other specifically designated items. This excludes the purchase of all alcohol and tobacco products. I agree that I will mail a copy of my purchase receipts to the Douglas County Office of Veterans Affairs no later than seven (7) days of the purchase on the issued gift card or voucher.