- Real Property – Provides information about Douglas County properties: their land characteristics, ownership, location, and value.
- Zoning – Provides information about Douglas County’s land use classifications and property specific zoning.
- Water Providers – Shows Douglas County water providers and private wells.
- Subdivision Filings – Provides information about Douglas County’s subdivision filings.
- Tax Authorities – Provides information about Douglas County’s tax authorities.[
Douglas County GIS data layers are now available for purchase on CD.
Standard Map Products
The GIS Division develops and produces standard maps that are available for internal (Douglas County Departments) and external customers. A wide range of standard maps are available, including transportation, land use, political, geologic, and other information. These products can be obtained in hard copy format, or digital format. Digital products are typically PDF or can be produced in other image formats (jpg or tif). Standard maps typically cover the full extent of the county, although other maps may be regional, or be comprised of a series that has smaller, localized extents.
The GIS Services Team provides professional mapping production and Internet mapping services to other county departments as well as limited services to the public.
GIS is a technology that is used to view and analyze data from a geographic perspective. This technology is part of the County’s overall information system framework.
GIS links location to information (such as people to addresses, buildings to parcels, or streets within a network) displaying the information in layers. You choose what layers to combine based on your purpose.