Money for adults 60 or over (Old Age Pension)

You may be able to get money if you are 60 or older.  The amount of money you get depends on your income and resources.  The most you can get is $699.  You cannot have more income than a certain amount each month.  Examples of income are money you get from employment, child support, unemployment or Social Security.  You also cannot have more than the maximum resource limit.  Examples of resources are money in your bank accounts, or your retirement plans or investments.  If you are married or common-law married, the income and resources from your husband or wife count too.  If you get Old Age Pension, you will get Medicaid too.

To apply, you have to turn in an application. You will have to meet with someone from the Department to go over your application.  Every year you will have to apply again to make sure you are still able to receive the monthly payment.

You can get an application three ways:

  1. print one off from State Apply For Financial Benefits
  2. pick-up an application at the Douglas County Human Services office, or
  3. have an application mailed to you by calling the Douglas County Human Services office at 303.688.4825.

Human Services

4400 Castleton Court 
Castle Rock, CO 80109
Phone: 303.688.4825

Office Hours:

8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.


Fax Numbers:

Adult Protection

Fax: 877.285.8988

Adult Services

Fax: 877.285.8988

Child Care Assistance

Fax: 720.240.0008

Child Support Services

Fax: 303.374.2971

Child Welfare Referrals

(Foster Care, Abuse, Adult Protection)
Fax: 877.285.8988

Financial Assistance

Fax: 877.285.8988

Food Assistance

Fax: 877.285.8988

Human Services Administration

Fax: 877.285.8988

Medical Assistance

Fax: 877.285.8988