eSubmittal Permit for Basic Mechanical Permits
This online application allows contractors and homeowners to obtain “basic” mechanical permit(s) in a single transaction using a credit card or e-check.
Requirements to use the eSubmittal Permit Application:
- Residential mechanical permit applications only
- Residential property in unincorporated Douglas County
- Replacement work that does not require a plan review or any additional documentation for the permit application, for example a furnace, water heater or air conditioner.
For other types of mechanical permits please contact the Building Division at 303-660-7497.
**Please note registration with Douglas County is required to use the online application. **
Registered users may login using existing credentials at https://apps.douglas.co.us/building/eSubmittals/Login.aspx
New users may create an account at https://apps.douglas.co.us/apps/building/initCreateContractorAccount.do
A Mechanical Permit is required when an owner, authorized agent or contractor who desires to erect, install, enlarge, alter, repair, remove, convert or replace a mechanical system, the installation of which is regulated by this code, or to cause such work to be done, shall first make application to the code official and obtain the required permit for the work.
Exception: Where equipment and appliance replacements or repairs must be performed in an emergency situation, the permit application shall be submitted within the next working business day of the department of mechanical inspection.
Each application for a permit with the required fee, shall be filed with the Code Official on a form furnished for that purpose and shall contain a general description of the proposed work and its location. The application shall be signed by the owner or an authorized agent. The permit application shall indicate the proposed occupancy of all parts of the building and of that portion of the site or lot, if any, not covered by the building or structure and shall contain such other information required by the Code Official.
Permits shall not be required for the following:
- Portable heating appliances
- Portable ventilation appliances and equipment
- Portable cooling units
- Steam, hot water or chilled water piping within any heating or cooling equipment or appliances regulated by code.
- The replacement of any minor part that does not alter the approval of equipment or an appliance or make such equipment or appliance unsafe.
- Portable evaporative coolers
- Self-contained refrigeration systems that contain 10 pounds or less of refrigerant, or that are actuated by motors of 1 horsepower or less
- Portable fuel cell appliances that are not connected to a fixed piping system and are not interconnected to a power grid
Applications may be submitted in person, mailed with check or faxed with credit card information.