Douglas County’s Recreation and Tourism Plan update needs your input
How should Douglas County update its Recreation and Tourism Plan?
Now is the time for your voice to be heard on this question, and more, as the County invites the public to provide input to its Recreation and Tourism Plan update, a component of the County’s 2035 Master Plan, as required by state law.
All meetings will begin with a discussion of the existing plan and proposed changes, followed by a question and answer session. Attendees are encouraged to share comments or complete a comment card. Meetings will be held as follows:
- Louviers: Wednesday, Nov. 2 from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. at Louviers Clubhouse, 7865 Louviers Blvd.
- Castle Rock: Thursday, Nov. 3 from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. in the Public Hearing Room of the Douglas County Philip S. Miller Building, 100 Third St.
- Parker: Thursday, Nov. 10 from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Parker Arts Center, 20000 Pikes Peak Ave.
- Larkspur: Wednesday, Nov. 16 from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Larkspur Firehouse, 9414 Spruce Mountain Rd.
- Lone Tree: Thursday, Nov. 17 from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Douglas County Park Meadows Center, 9350 Heritage Hills Circle
The current Recreation and Tourism Plan, first published in November 2004, includes recreation and tourism opportunities for residents and visitors of Douglas County.
For more information visit www.douglas.co.us/land/comprehensive-master-plan/recreation-tourism-plan/ or contact Kati Rider with the Department of Community Development at 303-660-7460.