Historic Preservation
LARKSPUR BOTTLE COLLECTION : Larkspur History through the Eyes of its Bottles
  • Bottle, Condiment
  • Bottle, Condiment
  • 2013.007.01
  •  
  • The clear glass molded bottle has a patten bottle lip once accommadating a cork seal. It was most likely a spice bottle as indicated by the logo displaying a large A with an S running through the A on the front panel. The logo was used by August Sc... View Full Record
  • Bottle, Laboratory
  • Bottle, Laboratory
  • 2013.007.02
  •  
  • The colbalt blue medicine bottle front displays raised lettering; BROMO-SELTZER EMERSON DRUG CO. BALTIMORE, MD The circular bottom displays a raised triangle with two dots on each side. The bottle is mold blown with a bead finish on top. Approx... View Full Record
  • Bottle, Condiment
  • Bottle, Condiment
  • 2013.007.03
  •  
  • Glass makers, during the 19th through mid-20th century offered a fairly wide assortment of different cylindrical or round glass vessels designed for bulky food. The clear cylindrical glass bottle shown here, displays some examples of bubbling. Two se... View Full Record
  • Bottle, Medicine
  • Bottle, Medicine
  • 2013.007.04
  •  
  • The clear cylindrical glassbottle is a druggist/pharmacy bottle. The sides have mold lines, running from just under the lip to the base, indicating it wa a machine made bottle. The lip was assembled and attached separately. The bottle dates prior to... View Full Record
  • Bottle
  • Bottle
  • 2013.007.05
  •  
  • The pottery bottle is a golden maple colored brown. A circular stamp indicates a manufacturing date from the early 1900's. The stamp reads in a circular pattern THE ROBINSON MERRILL CO with OHIO in the center. The Johnson, Whitmore & Company of A... View Full Record
  • Bottle
  • Bottle
  • 2013.007.06
  •  
  • The pottery bottle is a mahogany in color . The cylindrical measurements from the base to where the shoulder branches out measures 8 inches. On the body of the bottle, there are two separate sets of ridges. Starting at the base, there are a series of... View Full Record
  • Bottle, Medicine
  • Bottle, Medicine
  • 2013.007.07
  •  
  • In 1872, Lowell Chamberlain started the first Iowa drug company. In 1892, Chamberlain Medicine Co. was incorporated and achieved national distribution. In 1892 the name of the firm was changed from Chamberlain & Co. to Chamberlain Medicine Company. ... View Full Record
  • Bottle, Condiment
  • Bottle, Condiment
  • 2013.007.08
  •  
  • The distinctive octagonal bottle is similar to those shown in Illinois Glass Company catalog dating circa 1906. Similar bottles were illustrated in the 1909 Whitney Glass Works catalog. These bottles were commonly used for condiments. A similar bo... View Full Record
  • Bottle, Condiment
  • Bottle, Condiment
  • 2013.007.09
  •  
  • The mouth-blown clear glass ketchup is identified with a circular raised embossed logo. Inside the logo in a circular pattern it reads: "CURTICE BROTHERS CO ROCHESTER NY. Across the logo it reads: " PRESERVES". The Curtice Brothers, Simeon and Edw... View Full Record
  • Bottle
  • Bottle
  • 2013.007.10
  •  
  • HISTORY OF DOCTOR PRICE'S DELICIOUS FLAVORING EXTRACTS Dr. Vincent Clarence Price was born in Troy, New York in 1832. In the fall of 1853, the young druggist moved to Buffalo to study homeopathic medicine and chemistry. He graduated from New York... View Full Record
  • Bottle, Medicine
  • Bottle, Medicine
  • 2013.007.11
  •  
  • The molded amber apothecary medicine bottle is embossed, "PEROXIDE OF HYDROGEN". The manufacturing date likely ranges between 1915 and the early 1920's. The bottle has a narrow mouth indicating it is machine made. Two faint seams are observed ru... View Full Record
  • Bottle, Medicine
  • Bottle, Medicine
  • 2013.007.12
  •  
  • This "2 oz. FULL MEASURE" could be the oldest bottle in this collection. Bottle displays a purple or amethyst coloring. In an attempt to produce a cheap, clear glass, manganese was used to counteract the ever-present iron in sand. All "colorless"... View Full Record

©2014 Douglas County Government | 100 Third Street | Castle Rock, Colorado 80104 | 303-660-7400 |  TTY 303-663-7791 | Privacy Policy / Legal