By Order of Sheriff Tony Spurlock Stage 2 fire restrictions, are now in place. Ordinance No. O-012-004, restricting open fires, open burning and the use of fireworks in the unincorporated areas of Douglas County.
General Guidance on Stage 2 restrictions follows below:
- Open burning of any kind.
- Use of fireworks.
- Use of fires in chimneas, other portable fireplaces or patio fire pits.
- Campfires at developed campgrounds or picnic areas.
- Fires within liquid-fueled or gas-fueled stoves, grills, fire pits or other gas or liquid fueled appliance.
- Residential use of charcoal grill fires when such use is supervised by a responsible party at least 18 years of age.
- Fires contained within fire places and wood burning stoves within buildings only
- Fire suppression or fire department training fires.
Violation of these fire restrictions is a Class-2 Petty Offense, punishable by up to a $1000.00 fine and a $10.00 surcharge.
Additional information on fire restriction stages can be located at the Douglas County Emergency Management website.