Business owners can take advantage of numerous resources available to assist them in establishing and maintaining a successful business. Information including an area overview, census, sales, permits and more can be found at DougCoConnect. Douglas County’s GeoHub is a public platform for exploring, visualizing, and downloading Open Data.
Business Financing Assistance
Businesses starting or expanding in Douglas County can access financial resources through partnering agencies:
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Loan Programs – SBA offers a variety of loan programs for specific purposes. Review the programs to determine if your business meets the participation qualifications.
- Colorado Housing and Financing Authority (CHFA) – CHFA’s mission is to strengthen Colorado by investing in affordable housing and community development.
- Colorado Enterprise Fund (CEF) – The CEF assists small business owners in accessing affordable loans and lines of credit with flexible rates and terms.
- Rockies Venture Club – The Rockies Venture Club is an angel investing group dedicated to accelerating economic development by educating and connecting investors and entrepreneurs.
Learn more about taxes in Douglas County and how it can affect your business.
South Metro Small Business Development Center
Small business owners in Douglas County can benefit from valuable information designed to help them start and expand their businesses. The South Metro Small Business Development Center (SBDC) offers comprehensive education and training programs presented by local business leaders from many professional disciplines. By leveraging the resources of professionals in the community, the SBDC provides a wide range of workshops, conferences, seminars, and courses conducted at a number of locations throughout the county. Topics include Business Start-Up Basics, Business Plan Basics and Cash-Flow Techniques, among others.
Arapahoe/Douglas Works! Workforce Center is a member of the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment’s statewide network of workforce centers, which provide a variety of no-cost services to job seekers and businesses. Arapahoe/Douglas Works! serves as a critical resource to connect people and businesses in Arapahoe and Douglas Counties, and throughout the Denver/Aurora metropolitan region.
Douglas County Business Alliance
The Douglas County Business Alliance is a coalition of business organizations with a mission to provide a single voice for the Douglas County business community on issues, such as business friendly public policy, education, sustainable development, tax policy, transportation and water.
Douglas County Libraries
Douglas County businesses and entrepreneurs can access a variety of business tools at their fingertips through Douglas County Libraries. Conduct market research through their online database. Visit with a business librarian for industry trends, sample business plans, or other information to meet your specific needs. Attend a free small-business workshop through the Libraries’ partnership with the SBDC.
Local Chambers of Commerce and Economic Development Councils
- Castle Pines Chamber of Commerce
- Castle Rock Chamber of Commerce
- Castle Rock Economic Development Council and Downtown Alliance
- Denver South Economic Development Partnership
- Highlands Ranch Chamber of Commerce
- Larkspur Chamber of Commerce
- Lone Tree Chamber of Commerce
- Northwest Douglas County Economic Development Corporation
- Parker Chamber of Commerce
- South Metro Denver Chamber of Commerce
- Town of Parker Economic Development Partnership