Designated: March 16, 2004
Location: Lone Tree
Current Owner: Private Property
Nominated By: Jennifer Drybread
The Happy Canyon Ranch was purchased by John and Joseph Schweiger in 1874. A ranch house and outbuildings were constructed on the property between 1894 and 1910. The ranch is an excellent example of early framing and ranching properties in Douglas County, and was used for over 100 years. Most of the original buildings still exist on the property, along with remnants of an apple orchard. A portion of the Arapahoe Canal was located on the property with remnants still visible today.