Just in time for the 100th Celebration of the Douglas County Fair and Rodeo, don’t miss what is expected to be one of Douglas County’s most spectacular fireworks displays all summer.
At approximately 9:15 p.m., on Saturday August 4, a 15-minute , professional fireworks display will launch from the top of The Rock in downtown Castle Rock. Spectators will be able to see the show from miles around ….including from the grounds of the Douglas County Fair and Rodeo. The fireworks display will occur immediately before the Cody Johnson concert begins on the Fairgrounds’ outdoor arena performance platform at 9:30 p.m.
With public safety of utmost importance, spectators will not be allowed near the fireworks staging area at the top of The Rock. Those who desire to watch the fireworks are encouraged to view the spectacular from below.
Public safety officials request that the public NOT use unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), commonly known as a drone, as the UAV will interfere with public safety operations underway during the fireworks display. In addition to the public safety risk, flying UAV’s at night is prohibited by FAA regulations, unless special authorizations are in place, such as those in place when used at night by first responders.
To accommodate the anticipated large attendance during the Saturday night festivities, offsite parking with free shuttle transportation to the Fair is being provided for your convenience.
PARKING OPTIONS (Saturday and Sunday Only)
- Fairgrounds on site parking – FREE
- DC Oakes High School parking lot – FREE and a quick two-minute walk to the Fairgrounds
- Parking along Perry Street (South of Plum Creek Parkway) – FREE with shuttle pick up at designated locations
- Douglas County Wilcox Building (301 Wilcox Street) parking lot – FREE parking and shuttle pick up location
- Tri County Health Department parking lot – FREE parking and shuttle pick up location
SHUTTLE PICK-UP LOCATIONS
- Wilcox Building – 301 Wilcox Street, Castle Rock
- Tri County Health Department– 410 S. Wilcox Street, Castle Rock
Western Enterprises, an Oklahoma-based corporation, is producing the fireworks display, sponsored by Kiana Creek, a family owned and operated grass-fed and finished beef ranch in Sedalia, Colorado.
Be among the first to receive news as it happens. Sign up here and select your specific news focus and delivery preferences.