Records Request for Child Welfare Records

If you are a parent, Guardian ad Litem or CASA that has an ongoing official capacity with Douglas County DHS regarding children and records, we will maintain a copy of your professional ID/business card on file (one time need). If you have already provided this for our records, please disregard.

Records will be held in our office for 60 days after receipt of this notice. After 60 days, the record will be destroyed. You will need to make a new request in order to retrieve the record.

Douglas County Department of Human Services does not have the legal responsibility or right to release records authored or produced by outside agencies or other jurisdictions. You must request those records directly from the source that produced them.