Health First Colorado is a public health insurance for low-income Coloradans who qualify.
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) provides a simplified method for calculating income eligibility for Health First Colorado and Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+) based on what is called Modified Adjusted Gross Income (MAGI). The MAGI rules apply to eligibility determinations for CHP+ and most Health First Colorado programs, except for those Health First Colorado programs for individuals over 65 years old and/or for people who have a disability. The use of MAGI standardizes the income eligibility rules across all states.
You may qualify for Health First Colorado if you fall under one of the following categories and meet the income guidelines:
- Children ages 0-18 with household income under 260% Federal Poverty Level (FPL)
- Pregnant women, over the age of 19, whose household income is under 260% FPL
- Parents and Caretaker Relatives (you must have a dependent child) whose household income does not exceed 133% FPL
1. Online through the www.colorado.gov/PEAK website
2. By Mail or print an application (English / Spanish) and turn it into our office or contact our office to have one mailed to you.
3. Apply by Phone at 1-800-221-3943 / TDD: 711
4. Apply in Person at the Department of Human Services, 4400 Castleton Court, Castle Rock, CO 80109
For Health First Colorado Transportation please call 1-855-264-6368.