The Youth Initiative is a collaborative project among Douglas County government, the Douglas County School District, the City of Lone Tree, the Town of Castle Rock, the Town of Parker, the Library District, and the Highlands Ranch Metro District through the Partnership of Douglas County Governments. The Youth Initiative is a method of coordinating local youth-serving efforts and assessing the needs of the youngest residents by envisioning a community in which youth are involved, valued, productive, protected and healthy.
The Douglas County Youth Initiative envisions a community in which youth are involved, valued, productive, protected and healthy.
Our mission is to unite the Douglas County community, including youth, parents, agencies, governments, schools, nonprofits and other adults, in our mutual efforts to:
- Collaborate effectively as a seamless continuum of services.
- Advocate for system improvements that will better serve youth and families of Douglas County.
- Support youth and encourage their contributions to the broader community.
- Effectively intervene with youth who are endangered by their decisions and/or situation.
- Support and expand opportunities for youth to express viewpoints.
- Support parents with resources, education, and unconditional care.
Questions? Call Marsha Alston, Youth Services Program Manager at 303.688.4825 ext 5327 or e-mail at email@example.com