Want to get an exclusive look at the land set aside for a future regional park? Then come join Douglas County Outdoors staff for a winter hike!
During the winter months, Douglas County Outdoors staff will offer guided hikes at the future site of Macanta Regional Park. The hike is 3-4 miles long through the hills and fields of the property. There is no trail so we will be blazing a new one!
Guided Hike Dates
Complete the online registration by clicking on the date of the hike you wish to participate in:
- March 10, 2018 – the Hike is full.
- Each hike is limited to 15 participants
- All hikes begin at 10 a.m.
- Please dress appropriately for hiking off-trail in the winter and be prepared with water and snacks.
- All ages are welcome, however anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian. All participants will complete a release waiver during the online sign-up process.
- Parking is on a flat field that should accommodate all types of vehicles.
- If there is snow on the ground, the hike may transform into a snowshoe hike, if the group is open to snowshoeing. Snowshoes will not be provided and All Wheel Drive Vehicles will be necessary to park on the site. If you are interested please mark the online form accordingly.
- Cancellation due to inclement weather or muddy conditions – Douglas County staff will decide prior to the hike if conditions are unfavorable for the hike to proceed. Participants will be emailed prior to the event should a cancellation occur. The event will not be rescheduled.
At the current time, there is no address for the site, please reference the map below for the the location. The entrance to the park is on the East side of Crowfoot Valley Road between Lemon Gulch Drive and Pradera Parkway. Look for an open gate and a Douglas County vehicle (white truck with Douglas County logo).
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.