Want to get an exclusive look at the land set aside for a future regional park? Join Douglas County Outdoors staff for a hike through majestic terrain. The hike is 3-4 miles long through the hills and fields of the property. THERE IS NO TRAIL; we will begin creating one! Hikes will begin at 10 a.m. and typically last three hours. The gate will be closed and locked at 10:10 a.m., so please arrive 15 minutes early and meet in the parking area where the Walk Guide will greet you.
There is no address for the site, so please reference the map at the bottom of this page for general directions. The entrance is on the east side of Crowfoot Valley Road, approximately 0.75 miles south of Pradera Parkway. Parking is on a flat field that should accommodate all types of vehicles.
In the event of inclement weather or mud, the hike will be canceled, and hikers notified via email. Hikes will not be rescheduled.
In the event of snow, the hike will be open to snowshoeing, however, snowshoes will not be provided, and all-wheel drive vehicles will be necessary to park on the site.
2019/2020 Hike Dates – online registration for the hikes will open on the second Wednesday of the month prior to the hike date and close three days before the scheduled event.
- 9/28/2019 – Registration closed. Hike is full.
- 10/19/2019 – Registration closed. Hike is full.
- 11/16/2019 – Registration will open on October 9 at 8 a.m.
- 12/14/2019 – Registration will open on November 13 at 8 a.m.
- 01/01/2020 – Registration will open on December 11 at 8 a.m.
- 02/15/2020 – Registration will open on January 8 at 8 a.m.
- 03/14/2020 – Registration will open on February 12 at 8 a.m.
- 04/18/2020 – Registration will open on March 11 at 8 a.m.
General information for guided hikes at Macanta Regional Park.
- No rain dates.
- No waiting lists, space is limited to 15 participants per hike so sign up today.
- No pets are allowed.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed.
- No smoking or vaping allowed.
- Bring water, snacks and sunblock.
- Dress appropriately for weather conditions and hiking off-trail. Closed-toe shoes are required, and pants are recommended.
- Bring water and snacks.
- All ages are welcome, but minors (anyone under 18) must be accompanied by a legal guardian.
- Recommended age: 5 and up.
- Douglas County reserves the right to cancel an event due to unfavorable weather or trail conditions. Canceled events will not be rescheduled.
- Out of consideration for others, if your plans change and you are unable to attend, please email your cancellation up to 48-hours in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org