Open Space Enjoyment and Social Distancing
As you anticipate an enjoyable day on Douglas County Open Space properties, please be aware that some trails, due to the location and terrain, have limited space for remaining socially distant from those other than in your immediate party. Please be aware when you encounter these circumstances, adjust accordingly, and help keep our community safe by adhering to
COVID-19 social distancing requirements.
Lincoln Mountain has a breathtaking view of Pikes Peak, the Rampart Range, and the eastern plains of Douglas County. The trail system takes visitors through the fields to a forested and rocky pass up to the flat top. The variety of terrain and views are hard to beat.
Address: 7333 Jones Road, Larkspur, CO 80118
Size: 876 acres
Hours: One hour before sunrise to one hour after sunset.
- Natural surface trail, with some flat caprock footing on the lower Palmer Divide Ranch Loop, and sharper rhyolite rocks emerging on the upper part of the Lincoln Mountain Loop. Moderately difficult with the almost 400-foot climb to the top.
- From the trailhead, the Lincoln Mountain Trail is 4.2 miles round trip, and the Palmer Divide Ranch Trail is 4.5 miles round trip. The two may be joined together for an 8.3-mile outing.
- Hiking, biking, and horseback riding.
- Pets must be kept on leash.
- Private area in the middle of the property where homes and barns are located and the fields east of Cherry Creek are off-limits to the public. This area is leased for grazing and hay production.
- Lincoln Mountain open space and trail map
- Informational kiosk at the trailhead
- Unpaved parking lot for cars and 25 horse trailers
- No hitch rails
- West Cherry Creek on the north loop pullout benches under a large willow tree
- Access to the creek for water for your horse or dog.