It’s time to experience Sandstone Ranch! Join Douglas County Open Space staff and volunteers for a guided hike, horseback ride or activity.
The County is in the process of developing the Sandstone Ranch Master Plan. The Master Plan seeks to balance the preservation and protection of the Ranch, with public access. While the Master Plan process is underway, Douglas County also recognizes the importance of public access.
2019 Guided Access Dates and Details
Each activity is limited to 20 participants; groups will not be accepted for these activities, and anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult on hike, ride or activity. Each participant must fill out an online registration form (each member of your immediate family attending the activity needs to be registered separately – including all children.) You may only register individuals in your immediate family.
Registration will open on the second Wednesday of every month for events offered in the following month. Please be mindful that inclement weather – snow, rain, lightning – or wildfire danger – may cause an event cancellation. For cancellations please call the Sandstone Ranch Hotline at 720-643-2402. Cancellations will be available on the Hotline no sooner than 24 hours prior to the event.**No rain dates, no waiting lists and no pets are allowed.**
- August 24 Sketching at Sandstone – Registration is closed event is full.
September – Registration for September is now open.
- September 13 Guided Bird / Nature Walk
- September 21 Evening hike and picnic (bring your own picnic) – Registration through Douglas Land Conservancy
October – Registration for October events will open on September 11 at 8 a.m.
- October 10 Guided Horseback Ride (bring your own horse)
- October 19 Morning and picnic (bring your own picnic) – Registration through Douglas Land Conservancy