Please remember the following while visiting parks, trails and open space during this time:
- Douglas County parks and trails are open to the public to engage in walking, hiking, biking, running and similar activities. Please practice social distancing at all times.
- The Governor is now allowing for organized sports groups up to 25 in outdoor areas with the ability to adequately social distance, and masks are encouraged.
- DC Parks and Trails require proper permitting prior to any organized use County Field, Parks and Trails.
- Sports teams may now practice and participate in individual drills. Games and scrimmages are not allowed. We have resumed renting the fields to those teams and organizations that had previously rented the fields.
- Parking lots are filling quickly, please consider visiting at less busy times – early or late – and follow all parking restrictions in public lots or on public streets.
Size: 8 acres
Hours: Open sunrise to sunset
- Parking lots (50 capacity)
- 2 Picnic shelters (48 capacity each) – Group picnic shelters can be reserved throughout the year with a minimum of two weeks advanced notice. View more information and fees by clicking here.
- Restroom (waterless)
- Ballfield (baseball or softball use)
- Sand volleyball court
- Soccer field (150’ x 210’)
- 2 picnic shelters (48 seats per shelter; 96 total) seats 96 (48 per shelter)
- Electricity available
One visit to Whispering Pines Park and you’ll know how it earned its name. This secluded spot, nestled within mature pine trees is the perfect place to go for some quiet reflection or to have a picnic with family or friends. Kids will love to climb and slide on the large playground structure. And don’t forget to bring your volleyball and take advantage of the regulation size sand volleyball court.