Have you been waiting for an opportunity to explore the property around Rueter-Hess Reservoir? Join Douglas County Outdoors staff for a hike through majestic terrain. The hike is 3-4 miles long through the hills and fields of the property. THERE IS NO TRAIL; we will begin creating one! Hikes will begin at 10 a.m. and typically last three hours. Please arrive 15 minutes early and meet in the parking area where the Walk Guide will greet you. The gate will be closed and locked at 10:10 a.m.
All hikers will meet at the reservoir gate on Hess Road – directly south of Double Angel Road. Please see the map at the bottom of this page for directions.
In the event of inclement weather or mud, the hike will be canceled, and hikers notified via email. Hikes will not be rescheduled.
In the event of snow, the hike will be open to snowshoeing, however, snowshoes will not be provided, and all-wheel drive vehicles will be necessary to park on the site.
2020 Hike Dates – online registration for the hikes will open on the second Wednesday of the month prior to the hike date and close three days before the scheduled event.
- 3/28/2020 – This hike has been canceled.
General information for guided hikes at Rueter-Hess Reservoir.
- No rain dates.
- No waiting lists, space is limited to 15 participants per hike so sign up today.
- No pets are allowed.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed.
- No smoking or vaping allowed.
- Bring water, snacks and sunblock.
- Dress appropriately for weather conditions and hiking off-trail. Closed-toe shoes are required, and pants are recommended.
- Bring water and snacks.
- All ages are welcome, but minors (anyone under 18) must be accompanied by a legal guardian.
- Recommended age: 5 and up.
- Douglas County reserves the right to cancel an event due to unfavorable weather or trail conditions. Canceled events will not be rescheduled.
- Out of consideration for others, if your plans change and you are unable to attend, please email your cancellation up to 48-hours in advance to [email protected]