Help Me With...

Select from list
My Residential Property
My Driver's License or Vehicle Registration
Requesting Assistance
Health Department


Select from list
My Property Valuation
Understanding My Valuation
Paying My Property Tax
Neighborhood Sales
Building Permits
Vehicle Registration - New Stickers
Vehicle Registration - New Vehicle
Drivers License - New or Renew
New Resident Vehicle Registration
Adult Protection
Child Welfare
Child Support
Child Care
Financial Assistance
Medical Assistance
Food Assistance
Register to Vote / Update Voter Registration
Upcoming Election Information
Ballot Drop Box Locations
Voter Service and Polling Centers
Birth/Death Records
Restaurant Inspections
Community Health
Child Care Center Inspections
Septic System Inspections
Emergency Preparedness & Response
Disease Surveillance
Mental and Behavioral Health Education
Community Health and Clinical Services
Women, Infants and Children


× Close


Do you need help with heating costs and furnace repairs?

Eligible residents may apply for assistance now through April

Posted on December 14, 2020 2020Health and Human Services


Douglas County residents who need help with winter heating costs may apply for energy assistance through the State of Colorado’s Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP).

The program is seasonal, and help is available Nov. 1 through April 30. While the program is not intended to pay the entire cost of home heating, if you are eligible, it aims to help alleviate some of the burdens that come with Colorado’s colder months.

Learn more about the program including qualifications and how to apply.

All LEAP applications are processed by Discover Goodwill of Central and Southern Colorado, one of the County’s community-based partners.  Questions or completed LEAP applications should be sent via email to [email protected]

If you also need help with furnace repair or home weatherization, Discover Goodwill processes a separate application for Energy Outreach Colorado (EOC). To be considered for EOC funds, applicants must apply for LEAP. For general information about EOC please visit www.energyoutreach.org

Utility customers of Black Hills, Xcel, Atmos or Colorado Natural Gas applying for LEAP or EOC will also have to complete a consent form. Your signed consent form allows Discover Goodwill to talk to your utility company. Consent forms (if applicable) may also be emailed to [email protected]

LEAP and EOC applications may be completed online or if you require a paper form you may also call 303-688-4825 to have an application mailed to you. Applications may also be picked up from the Department of Human Services, 4400 Castleton Court in Castle Rock; Help and Hope Center, 1638 Park Street in Castle Rock; and Parker Task Force, 19105 Longs Way in Parker. Please do not return your applications to any of these sites, as this will delay processing.

A postage-paid envelope will be provided with the paper application or you may email the application and other required documentation to [email protected]

Your County. Your News. Get it first.

Be among the first to receive news as it happens. Subscribe to our online news push, and select your specific news focus and delivery preferences. Visit the Live Town Hall page and register for Town Hall notifications to ensure you are contacted to participate in future community conversations about topics important to you. Both services are free, and you can unsubscribe at any time. And don’t forget to follow Douglas County on Nextdoor, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.

Sign Up Now!