A Message from the Board of Douglas County Commissioners:
Please accept our sincere thanks for your interest in an appointment to a Douglas County Board, Committee or Commission. These advisory entities help us do our job representing the citizens and taxpayers of Douglas County. As a volunteer appointee you would assist the Board of County Commissioners by preparing policy alternatives and implications for our deliberation and conducting statutorily required actions. To ensure the effectiveness of our Boards, Committees and Commissions, all have clear and specific goals, objectives and timelines, as well as a Code of Conduct we ask that all appointees sign to affirm their commitment to specific practices in their role on our behalf. Serving as a volunteer Board, Committee or Commission appointee is a hands-on means for you to engage in the process of governing your community. We, in turn, benefit from your expertise and experience. Thank you once again for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you.
Douglas County Boards, Committees and Commissions
Position responsibilities, position representation (at-large or by Commissioner District), terms of office, board, committee or commission size, appointment process and meeting schedules vary for each board, committee and commission.
For purposes of understanding the representation needed by an appointee, please refer to the following guide:
- District I encompasses – Parker, Lone Tree, Acres Green
- District II encompasses – Castle Rock, Franktown, Larkspur, Sedalia, Roxborough
- District III encompasses – Highlands Ranch, Littleton (Excluding Roxborough)
- At-large appointee may be from any Commissioner District
- Application for Appointment for Citizen Boards, Committees and Commissions – If you are interested in applying, please complete this online form. It will be submitted to staff for review.