The Finance Department provides all necessary accounting, approval of vouchers by the Board of Commissioners, budget, payroll, purchasing, sales tax rates, and information to all County departments and the citizenry of Douglas County. The Douglas County Financial Portal is the place where you can explore how your tax dollars are being spent and invested through our Open Budget, Open Expenditures and Open Fund Balances applications…how curious are you?
As stewards of the County’s fiscal resources, we are committed to:
- Promoting a culture of accountability and ethical conduct.
- Ensuring compliance through adequate internal controls for the purpose of safeguarding resources and minimizing liabilities.
- Valuing the contributions of our employees and encouraging their professional growth and development.
- Analyzing information to forecast trends and assist in decision making.
- Fostering an environment of open communication, education, cooperation, and service.
- Providing timely and accurate financial reports.
- Leading local government through the development of innovative financial solutions.