Text TALK to 38255 or call this toll-free number 1-844-493-TALK (8255).
Visit the Colorado Crisis Services for more information.
COVID-19 has affected all of us, causing uncertainty and changes to our lives we never imagined. Now more than ever we need to take care of ourselves and look out for each other. Click here to find helpful information, tips and resources to stay healthy and support ourselves, friends, neighbors, loved ones, and our community
With the support of the Douglas County Commissioners, and in response to several tragic mental health-related incidents, the Douglas County Mental Health Initiative (DCMHI) was established in 2014 to unite community partners, address unmet mental health needs, connect people to mental health services and prevent those in need from falling through the cracks of the mental health system.
See a timeline of the DCMHI’s history and milestones.
- Community Response Team (CRT) – A unique response team of fire/EMS, law enforcement and a clinician responding at the scene when mental health is the primary issue. Each team member fills a unique role to ensure safety, conduct medical clearances, and assess mental health needs. There are four teams, each with a case manager.
- The Care Compact (TCC) – project supports individuals with mental health, substance use disorder, or intellectual and developmental disability (IDD) needs by linking existing care coordination service providers.
- Mental Health Navigator – The Mental Health Navigator addresses acute and complex mental health needs referred to the County Attorney.
- Anti-Stigma Campaign & Media Initiatives – partnership with Tri-County Health, the “Let’s Talk” campaign is intended to reduce the stigma around mental illness so that individuals who need treatment are more likely to seek it.
- Mental Health Data and Resource Web Maps – data and resources surrounding issues involving mental health.
The Douglas County Mental Health Initiative Community Response Team program is the recipient of an ICMA 2018 Local Government Program Excellence Award in Community Health and Safety.