Contractor registration fees are currently waived in Unincorporated Douglas County.
The Douglas County Board of County Commissioners has determined that waiving the collection of contractor registration fees is in the best interest of both the business sector and the citizens of unincorporated Douglas County. Therefore, effective July 1, 2013 the registration fees for Contractors of all types and classes, as set forth in Sections 116.3 and R116.3 of Resolution No. R-009-061, are hereby waived and shall not be collected by the Chief Building Official until further resolution of the Board of County Commissioners.
The waiver only pertains to fees, all remaining requirements for Contractor’s registration as set forth in Douglas County Resolution R-009-061. The 2018 International Building Code, 2018 International Residential Code, 2018 International Plumbing Code, 2018 International Mechanical Code, 2018 International Fuel Gas Code, 2018 International Energy Conservation Code, and the 2017 National Electrical Code, shall remain in full force and effect Resolution R-019-124.
General contractors, roofing and mechanical contractors must be registered with Douglas County. Electrical and Plumbing contractors must be registered with Douglas County by providing proof of Licensing with the State of Colorado.
Contractors are required to submit proof of Workers Compensation Insurance (if applicable) and Business Liability Insurance. Douglas County’s Contractor registration process is not intended to be a “Preferred Contractor List”. Douglas County will not recommend contractors, and a contractor license or registration does not guaranty the quality of work beyond meeting minimum insurance requirements.
Contractor Registration Information
- Contractor registration requirements (Douglas County has no testing requirements).
- Registration applications take two (2) business days to process once a complete application is received.
- All contractor/sub-contractor registration shall be completed and/or updated prior to issuance of a Building Permit.
- Application for Contractor registration.
- Separate application forms shall be completed if applying for more than one registration type.
- Print clearly on the application form.
- Applications shall be filled out completely, signed and dated.
- Applications may be submitted in person or by mail to the Building Division, 100 Third Street Suite #20, Castle Rock, CO 80104, or faxed to 303.479.7271, or emailed to email@example.com
- Workers Compensation.
- If your company carries a Worker’s Compensation policy a certificate from your insurance provider shall be submitted.
- If your company is exempt from the State of Colorado’s Worker’s Compensation requirements, a Statement of Exemption form shall be submitted.
- Affidavit of Lawful Presence
- Insurance Certificates.
- Policyholder/Insured name shall match the name being listed as Company Name on the application.
- Effective/Expiration dates shall be valid.
- Single occurrence limits on liability shall meet the minimum required as listed in the amendments. Please note that we look at the “Occurrence” area, not the “General Aggregate” on the policy. Standard Liability Insurance Requirements
- Douglas County Building Division shall be listed as a Certificate Holder on the Certificate. (Address info below). This applies to both liability and Worker’s Compensation.
- Certificates shall be signed and dated by an agent of the insurance company.
Certificates must list Douglas County Building Division, 100 Third Street Suite #20 Castle Rock, CO 80104 as a Certificate Holder. Certificates can be faxed by your agent to 303.479.7271 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org