Douglas County Motor Vehicle accepts the following forms of payment:
- Checks – must be payable to “Douglas County Clerk” for the exact amount
- Credit Cards – In addition to the payment amount, each transaction will be subject to an administrative fee that covers the cost associated with providing this service. This fee is paid to a third party that provides these services for Colorado.gov and thus is not revenue for the State or County.
- Effective June 1, 2009, a late fee of $25 will be assessed each month (not to exceed $100) for expired license plates, new purchases not registered within 60 days and/or vehicles being transferred to Colorado that are not registered within guidelines set by C.R.S. 42-1-102(81).
- Collector plated vehicles (5-year registration) are charged additional fees for one year only.
- Farm trucks & tractors will be charged one-half of the amount listed above.
- Horseless Carriage are exempt from the increase listed above.
Colorado Motor Vehicle owners who are late in renewing or registering their vehicle face a late fee of $25 per month up to a maximum of $100.