Click here to get answers to your questions by
watching the video from the March 10 Live Town Hall.
Landlord, Property Manager and Utility Provider Resources
Funds are available to assist qualified Douglas County renters with arrears or future utility payments and rent through 2021. Payments will be made directly to the utility providers, landlords, or property managers using funds received from the U.S. Treasury Department through the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2021.
Douglas County residents who are behind on their rent or utility payments due to COVID-19 financial impacts may be eligible for assistance through the Emergency Rental Assistance Program. View the Emergency Rental Assistance Program Manual here.
If you have tenants or customers that are behind on their payments because of COVID-19 financial hardship, please use the items below to share the program with those who may be struggling.
- Letter/email to send to tenants in arrears – download Word document English / Spanish
- Newsletter article – download Word document English / Spanish
- Program flyer to post or share – download Word document English / Spanish Version
Renters will be required to provide the following documentation:
- Valid identification
- Proof of income for previous 2 months (paystubs, bank statements, etc.)
- Past due or late notice
- Utility bills or statement