Capital Improvement Projects (CIP) are projects funded by the County, or through the use of grant funding. They include the replacement or construction of bridges/culverts, paving and widening of existing roadways and construction of new regional roadway arterials. Paving of existing local residential gravel roads (in old subdivisions where the roads were never built by the developer, or were built but were never accepted by the County for maintenance) are accomplished through the use of Local Improvement Districts administered through the Department of Public Works Engineering. CIP staff functions with regard to the implementation of Capital Improvement Projects include: surveying, developing conceptual alignment, studies, preliminary and final design, preparation of construction plans and specifications, acquisition of right-of-way, bidding of work and management of construction activities.
Current Bid Information Available for Contractors
- No Bids are available at this time
- Rocky Mountain Online Bid System
The Rocky Mountain E-Purchasing System provides simplified tracking of documents and amendments; instant access to the entire supplier database; streamlined bidding process and improved response times; and increased bidding competition leading to decreased cost of purchase. Currently, there is no cost to the County to utilize this system; however, enhanced membership would allow the County the opportunity to accept electronic bid and proposal responses.
I-25 Gap Coalition
Consistent with their six goals for the County, the Board of Douglas County Commissioners has committed $250,000 in the County’s 2017 budget to support a solution to the critical expansion needs of I-25 from C-470 (Douglas County) to Monument (El Paso County). For more information visit I-25 Gap Coalition
The Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) is asking drivers to ‘Mind the Gap’ as part of a new safety campaign. The Gap is an 18-mile stretch of I-25 between Monument and C-470 and is known for a higher than average number of crashes.
- Countywide Cone Zone Report
- Advance Relocate West I-25 Frontage Road Project (Tomah to Plum Creek Parkway)
- C-470 Express Lane
- C-470 multi-modal trail grade separation at Yosemite
- Chambers Road Widening Project (Lincoln to Mainstreet)
- County Line Road Improvements (Chester to Inverness)
- Daniels Park Improvements Phase 2
- Hilltop Road (Legend High School to Crest View Drive) Improvements Projects
- Jamaica/Meridian Blvd and Havana/Meridian Blvd and Lincoln/Havana intersection reconfigurations & signal modifications