East Cherry Creek Road Culvert Rehab Projects
Crews will be onsite June 24 – 25 building sand bags and prepping. East Cherry Creek Road will be temporarily closed to through traffic between Palmer Divide Road and Jones Road on the following dates and times:
Friday, June 28 – closure of road for short period of time to pour concrete headers.
Monday & Tuesday, July 1 & 2 – grout pouring originally scheduled for June 24 – 26. Road closures will be for extended periods on July 1 and 2.
Emergency vehicles only will be allowed through during these closures. Variable Message Signs will be in place with this information and suggested detour routes. Should you have questions or need additional information, please contact Sean Owens at email@example.com
Drainage Partnership Projects: Urban Drainage Flood Control (UDFCD) and Douglas County will partner for the following 2019 Drainage Projects:
- Happy Canyon Creek through Grandview Estates – North of Lincoln Avenue – Improvements Project
- Happy Canyon Creek near Surrey Ridge – near I-25 – Project
- Timbers Creek Project
- Plum Creek between Titan and Airport Road Project
- Cohens Drainage Improvements Project
- Fonders Draw Drainage Improvements Project
Other Partnership Projects:
- Perry Park Gateway Pond Dredging Project (Perry Park Metro District)
- Lowell Ranch – E. Plum Creek Restoration Project (Douglas County Conservation District)
Highlands Ranch Drainage Projects: Several (thousands) cross-road culverts and minor storm water systems in the county are evaluated for safety on a five-year basis. This is a perpetual culvert inspection program that is designed to discover any problems that pose a safety hazard or structural deficiency, so repairs can begin. Drainage/storm sewer/culvert evaluation and improvement projects & Storm Sewer Video Program has identified approximately 100 storm sewer pipes that need repair or replacement in Highlands Ranch.
Repair and Replacement locations identified for 2019:
- Gleneagles Pkwy (126”x3)
- Lucas Avenue Drainage Repair
- 2018 – 2019 PW Operations Rural Pipe Lining (21 locations)
- McArthur Ranch Road Inlet Installation
- Plaza Drive Inlet Installation
- Other locations as budget allows.
Cleaning and Misc. Repairs identified for 2019:
- New manhole installations & Existing manhole repair
Pinery Drainage Project:
Phase 1 – The Pinery Water & Sanitation District will be replacing water mains within certain roadways in the Pinery starting in May 2019 to repair roadside drainage issues. The County paid for additional survey, design and construction needed to include the drainage fixes in the District’s project.
Phase 2 – This phase will include public outreach and education to property owners about the importance of maintaining drainage infrastructure. Information is anticipated to be available in August 2019.
Other Drainage Projects
Projects include drainage pipe repair and replacement projects, major erosion repair projects and other drainage related projects. The following are the projects identified to complete in 2019:
- Lucas Ave. Erosion Repair
- Pinery Drainage Projects with District
- 2018-2019 PW Ops Rural Pipe Lining (21 locations)
- Sandstone Ranch Pond Dredging (Open Space)
- Sandstone Ranch Irrigation Ditch Repair (Open Space)
- Perry Park Gateway Pond Dredging (Perry Park Metro District)
- Lowell Ranch – E. Plum Creek Restoration (Douglas County Conservation District)
- Tomah Rd. (Bear Dance Dr. to Keene Ranch) Drainage Repair (PW Operations)
- Lake Gulch Road Erosion Repair (2 Locations) (PW Operations)
- 10874 Patterson Circle Culvert Repair (PW Operations)
If you have any questions about Drainage Projects, please contact Sean Owens, P.E., Special Projects Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org