Colorado Community Newspapers publish weekly Douglas County foreclosure notices in the Douglas County News Press, Highlands Ranch Herald, Parker Chronicle and Lone Tree Voice. Each foreclosure is published for five weeks prior to the sale.
Public Trustee Sale Information
The Douglas County Public Trustee Foreclosure Sale is held each Wednesday at 10:00 a.m. at 402 Wilcox, Castle Rock, Colorado 80104.
After 5:00 p.m. on the Monday before sale, the current pre-sale list can be accessed at Foreclosure Property Search. In the area marked sale date, click on the calendar and enter the upcoming Wednesday date of sale. Please be sure to put the same date in both the from and to dates. The requested sale list will populate when you press the search button.
The Douglas County Public Trustees Office is to serve Douglas County citizens effectively and efficiently through quality professional staff in the performance of the functions and exercise of powers conferred by Title 38 of the Colorado Revised Statutes to include the release of deeds of trust, foreclosure of deeds of trust and tax escrow accounts for land purchase contracts..
Our staff is dedicated to fairness for all parties involved in the foreclosure process by affording the owner of the property a fair opportunity to protect his/her interest in the property, while affording an opportunity for the lenders and lien holders to exercise their rights and remedies.
The Public Trustee does not give legal advice, handle Tax Sales (Contact the County Treasurer at 303.660.7455), release private trustee mortgage transactions, have access to the foreclosed property, handle Federal Auctions such as HUD or VA or Have information regarding liens on foreclosed property (Contact the Douglas County Clerk and Recorder (303-660-7469).
- 2014 PT Budget
- Douglas County Public Trustee Financial Statements Year Ending December 31, 2013
- Foreclosure Statistics
- Independent Auditor’s Report 2012
Public Trustee Forms
- Bidder Registration
- Lienor Intent to Redeem Updated May 21, 2014
- Lienor Intent to Redeem – Instructions Updated May 21, 2014
- Notice of Intent to Cure Use this form prior to Foreclosure sale - Updated May 21, 2014
- Redemption Statement Redemption /Affidavit of Additional Expenses
- Release Form (General) with Proof of Debt Use this form for a Full Release of Deed and Note
- Release Form without Proof of Debt (Mortgage Industry Only) Use this form when Promissory Note is unavailable
- Written Notice of Transfer by Land Contract Written Notice of Transfer by Land Contract.