Help Me With...

Select from list
My Residential Property
My Driver's License or Vehicle Registration
Requesting Assistance
Health Department


Select from list
My Property Valuation
Understanding My Valuation
Paying My Property Tax
Neighborhood Sales
Building Permits
Vehicle Registration - New Stickers
Vehicle Registration - New Vehicle
Drivers License - New or Renew
New Resident Vehicle Registration
Adult Protection
Child Welfare
Child Support
Child Care
Financial Assistance
Medical Assistance
Food Assistance
Register to Vote / Update Voter Registration
Upcoming Election Information
Ballot Drop Box Locations
Voter Service and Polling Centers
Birth/Death Records
Restaurant Inspections
Community Health
Child Care Center Inspections
Septic System Inspections
Emergency Preparedness & Response
Disease Surveillance
Mental and Behavioral Health Education
Community Health and Clinical Services
Women, Infants and Children


× Close
Motor Vehicle and Driver License

Renew Vehicle Registration (License Plates)


Vehicle Registration Renewal Options

Please note: If a non-owner of a vehicle completes a renewal on behalf of the owner without a Power of Attorney (POA) or a Letter of Authorization (LOA) from a business, all inventory and documentation will be sent to the vehicle owner’s mailing address on file.


Renew at an MVExpress Kiosk

It’s fast and easy! The Colorado MVExpress self-service kiosk will provide your registration renewal and license plate sticker on the spot.

Six convenient locations at Douglas County King Soopers stores in Castle Rock, Parker and Highlands Ranch – or use any kiosk located across the state!

Registration Renewal Kiosks (King Soopers)

Sample image of registration renewal cardRenew by Mail

Keep Colorado Wild Image

Colorado residents can get a $29 Keep Colorado Wild Pass when registering a car, motorcycle, recreation vehicle or light truck.

The $29 pass is included in the registration pricing total for each vehicle a Colorado resident owns unless you choose to opt out. Your Douglas County vehicle registration renewal reminder will list the total fees due including the pass, or not including the pass, for you to choose from.

When you buy a Keep Colorado Wild Pass, your pass is your vehicle registration card with a Colorado Parks and Wildlife (CPW) logo printed on your card. No additional window sticker or receipt is required or provided.

The Keep Colorado Wild Pass provides a 60% savings on an annual parks pass that provides entry to all Colorado state parks. Colorado Parks and Wildlife uses revenue from the passes to support local and state park systems, search and rescue teams, avalanche safety programs, wildlife conservation efforts, and outdoor accessibility and educational opportunities.

How do I use the Keep Colorado Wild Pass?

A Colorado Parks and Wildlife logo will be printed on your vehicle registration card, which gives you access to state parks. Simply show your vehicle registration card that shows your purchase to CPW staff at the entrance to the parks when asked. If the entrance is not staffed, you may enter the park with the knowledge that you may be checked for proof of purchase anytime.

I have multiple vehicles. Do I have to buy a Keep Colorado Wild Pass when I register each vehicle?

If you plan to use that vehicle to access state parks, yes. The Keep Colorado Wild Pass purchased during your annual vehicle registration is linked to the specific vehicle being registered. The pass is not transferable between vehicles.

Are your license plates expiring soon?

If you’re not sure, there are three easy ways to find out:

  • Check the stickers on your vehicle’s license plate
  • Locate the expiration date on your vehicle registration card
  • Watch for your courtesy renewal card in the mail

There is a grace period for registration renewals to be completed no later than the last day of the month following the date of expiration. A late fee of $25 will be assessed each month (not to exceed $100) for expired license plates after the one-month grace period has expired.

Auto Insurance Requirement

Automobile liability insurance is generally defined as coverage for bodily injury you cause to another person or for property damage you cause to another person’s property through negligent use of your vehicle. The minimum amount of liability insurance required by Colorado law is as follows:

  • $25,000 per person for bodily injury;
  • $50,000 per accident for bodily injury; and
  • $15,000 per accident for property damage

Additional coverage, such as medical payment coverage, uninsured motorist coverage, comprehensive and collision are available, but not required.