COVID-19 and your County servicesContinue Reading

Motor Vehicle and Driver License


NOTICE – March 17, 2020

Consistent with guidelines issued by the White House and Colorado Governor Jared Polis, Douglas County has closed most County buildings effective March 17. County departments and offices will be staffed to support county operations. County services will continue during this closure, the duration of which has yet to be determined.

  • All eligible citizens age 21 and older may renew vehicle registration online. (Previously restricted to 21-65 years of age.)
  • Visit for online motor vehicle services. This is a trusted and verified Colorado State website. (Beware of third-party sites that charge extra fees for these services.)
  • Counties may waive late fees for vehicle registration and renewals during the period of the Governor’s emergency order.
  • The Douglas County Driver License office is closed to the public and the following services are NOT available: Driver License and ID services


Renew License Plates and More…

Motor Vehicle Services

(Registrations, Renewals, Titles, Plates or Permits, Disability Placards)
Locations# Customers WaitingTotal Customers Served Today
Lone Tree00
Highlands Ranch00
Castle Rock00

Whether you’re new to Douglas Countybuying or selling a vehicle, registering a vehicle for the first time or renewing your license plates and registration, we offer several convenient locations to provide you service.  And options to fit your busy schedule – in persononlineby mail and Motor Vehicle Kiosks.

Renew Driver License and More…

Driver’s License Services

(Renewals, ID Cards, Endorsements, Driving Records)
Locations# Customers WaitingTotal Customers Served Today
Castle Rock00

The Castle Rock Driver License Office is managed by the Douglas County Clerk & Recorder’s Office acting as agents of the State. Douglas County employees observe a different holiday schedule than State employees, so the Castle Rock Express Driver License Office may be open when other State-operated Driver License Offices are closed. Limited services provided by this Express Driver License Office include Driver License Renewals, duplicate and replacement licenses and more.