PLEASE NOTE: Douglas County is Level Yellow on Colorado’s COVID-19 dial.
Due to social distancing requirements lobbies are closed to the public.
In-person services are available by appointment only.
Motor Vehicle services are available by selecting one of the following customer service options. Walk-in services are currently unavailable:
• Online Customer Service: dmv.colorado.gov
• MVExpress Kiosks: Registration Renewal/License Plate Tabs on the spot! Click here for locations and information
• Customer Service by Mail: 9350 Heritage Hills Cir Lone Tree, CO 80124
Option 2: If your transaction cannot be completed online, at a kiosk, or by mail: Paperwork Drop Boxes are available Monday 8 a.m. – Friday 5 p.m. at each Douglas County Motor Vehicle office (closed weekends and holidays). Click on one of the following transaction options, print and complete the required forms, include daytime contact information, and respond to calls and emails from our office to ensure your transaction is completed in a timely manner.
- Colorado Dealer Purchase Instructions/Forms
- Disability Services Instructions/Forms
- New Colorado Resident Vehicle Registration Instructions/Forms
- Out of State Dealer Purchase Instructions/Forms
- Private Party Purchase Instructions/Forms
- Registration Renewal Instructions/Forms
- Other Title Services Instructions/Forms (Duplicate Title, Lien Release, Add/Drop/Change Name)
Option 3: Limited appointments are available for in-person services by clicking the “Schedule an Appointment” button. Appointments can be scheduled a maximum of 28 calendar days in advance. If no appointment slots are available, please try again the following day.
- Customer Service by Phone: 303-660-7440, Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Customer Service by Email: [email protected]
- Include your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
PLEASE NOTE (January 2021): Due to COVID-19-related shutdowns or reduction in operations, there may be significant delay in either state or county Motor Vehicle offices performing vehicle titling or registration activities or the manufacturing of license plates and registration products as evidence of registering vehicles. Customers who purchased their license plates via myDMV.Colorado.gov or specialty license plates at our office will experience significant delays in those license plates being produced and mailed to them. This may result in vehicles being operated by the owner:
- With an expired temporary registration permit;
- With an expired license plate not displaying a current year and/or month validation tab;
- Without a license plate affixed to this vehicle.
To address this, the Division of Motor Vehicles has created a letter that our office can issue to customers to provide to law enforcement explaining the situation, if needed.
For Driver License services please click here. The Castle Rock Driver License Office is managed by the Douglas County Clerk & Recorder’s Office acting as agents of the State. Douglas County employees observe a different holiday schedule than State employees, so the Castle Rock Express Driver License Office may be open when other State-operated Driver License Offices are closed. Limited services provided by this Express Driver License Office include Driver License Renewals, duplicate and replacement licenses and more.