Processing Your OnLine Marriage Application:
Please be aware upon completion of the OnLine Marriage License Application a submission number will be assigned. This number is used for tracking and updates to your application. Any future reference to the OnLine Application will need to include this number.
Information submitted using the Online Marriage Application can only be changed or updated by the Clerk and Recorder staff.
Please contact the Douglas County Clerk and Recorders Office to complete the application or make changes to the application prior to issue.
Tips and Suggestions on Completing the Online Marriage Application:
- If you are currently residing out of the country or if you were born outside of the United States, please enter the city, country in the city field. Enter NA for the state field.
- If either parent is deceased, please enter deceased in the city field and NA in the state field.
- If you are widowed please enter the date of your spouse’s death and NA in the city/state field.
- There are two last name fields for the Female Applicant (Bride); “Last Name” and “Former Name”. Last name is your current last name and Former Name could be your maiden name. If appropriate, your last name may be entered in both fields. Do not use your Grooms last name.
- If you are under the age of 18, you are required to apply in person at either the Douglas County Recording Office, the Douglas County Motor Vehicle Registration Office in Parker or the Douglas County Motor Vehicle Registration Office in Highlands Ranch.
- This application works best with Internet Explorer or Netscape. If you are using Firefox as your Internet browser some fields; city, state and country may appear blank after you’ve entered your information.
Applicants will still be required to appear and provide identification to receive their license.
Douglas County Motor Vehicle Registration Office will issue marriage licenses only between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. The Recording Office will continue to issue licenses between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.