Marriage / Civil Union Licenses

Marriage and Civil Union Licenses are available by appointment only. 

Clerk Online Appointment button


So you’ve decided to make it official… Congratulations!

Not sure what to do next? Begin the process by applying online.  Licenses must be used in Colorado within 35 days of being issued.

Both applicants should be over the age of 18. If either applicant is 16 or 17 there are requirements you need to be aware of.  Both applicants must appear in the Recording Office between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.   If one of the applicants cannot appear a marriage or civil union absentee affidavit must be completed.  Applicants must also provide a Social Security Number or affidavit if you do not have a Social Security Number;  photo ID and proof of age; and $30 payable by cash or credit card.

Colorado allows for several types of solemnizations for your ceremony and if you’re looking for a judge we have a list for you!

Make sure you return the license to us within 63 days of getting married or pay a late fee.

Already married and need a copy of your license or application request one online.

Still have questions?

Judges who perform Marriage / Civil Union ceremonies

Click here for information on judges who perform marriages / civil unions in Douglas County