NOTICE – May 7, 2020
Due to current COVID-19 Safer-at-Home guidelines, please select one of the following customer service options:
- Customer Service by Phone: 303-660-7446
- Customer Service by Email: [email protected]
- Marriage License Applications are currently available online only by clicking here. Civil Union Licenses are currently unavailable.
- Passport application service is currently unavailable. Please click here for passport information from the US Department of State.
- In-person appointments may be scheduled for Recording Services only. Examples: record a document, perform research, obtain a copy. To schedule an appointment, email [email protected] or call 303.660.7446.
Taking a trip and need to apply for a passport? The Douglas County Recording Division is an acceptance agency for new passports. Please click here for information on passport renewals. For your convenience, Douglas County offers passport photography services on-site for a fee of $8.
To get started, complete the passport forms online or visit the Douglas County Recording Division. Due to high demand for passports, all forms need to be completed and all applicants and necessary parties must be present before you will be added to the list to be served during our acceptance hours. Check the current wait times at the Douglas County Recording Office.
Are any of the applicants a minor? Children under the age of 16 must apply in person for a passport, even if they have had one before.
Please click here for answers to frequently asked questions.