Due to current COVID-19 Safer-at-Home guidelines, please select one of the following customer service options:
- Customer Service by Phone: 303-660-7446
- Customer Service by Email: [email protected]
- Marriage and Civil Union Licenses are available by appointment only. Call or email to schedule.
- Passport application service is currently unavailable. Please click here for passport information from the US Department of State.
- In-person appointments may be scheduled for Recording Services only. Examples: record a document, perform research, obtain a copy. To schedule an appointment, email [email protected] or call 303.660.7446.
PLEASE NOTE: Direct all inquiries regarding divorces, dissolutions, and court matters to the Clerk of the Courts, 720-437-6200, or click here for the Colorado Judicial Branch – Douglas County.
Recording Services(Offered in Castle Rock only)
|Services||# Customers Waiting||Waiting Time of Last Customer Served||Total Customers Served Today|
|Record Documents/ Obtain Copies||0||No Wait||1|
|Marriage/Civil Union Licenses||0||No Wait||0|
The Recording Office is responsible for recording, indexing, copying, and preserving permanent public documents, primarily real estate records. They also issue Marriage and Civil Union Licenses and serve as a passport acceptance center. Special District Public Notices are also available.
We know your time is valuable and our office provides document information 24/7 through our online Recorded Document Search. Need help searching for a document? We’ve got you covered with document search tips. Are you a business needing recording services? Additional services are provided to entities who need access to Douglas County’s records for business purposes.
Douglas County does not furnish forms for real estate transactions and our staff cannot provide legal advice to citizens. Most forms can be found at any office supply store or online. When performing any transaction related to your property, we recommend you contact an attorney, title company or both.