Wildfires Happen. Are You Ready?Continue Reading


Online Appointment

The Recording Office is responsible for recording, indexing, copying, and preserving permanent public documents, primarily real estate records. The Recording Office also issues Marriage and Civil Union Licenses and serves as a passport acceptance center.  Special District Public Notices are also available. Please review the instructions and required documents needed for your transaction before scheduling an appointment. Appointments may be scheduled 28 days in advance. If there are no openings, please try again the following morning.

We know your time is valuable and our office provides document information 24/7 through our online Recorded Document Search.  Need help searching for a document? We’ve got you covered with document search tips. Are you a business in need of recording services? Additional services are provided to entities who need access to Douglas County’s records for business purposes.

Copies can be requested online and purchased for a fee. Copies of DD214’sDeath Certificates and Marriage/Civil Union License Applications are restricted.

Douglas County does not furnish forms for real estate transactions and our staff cannot provide legal advice to citizens. Most forms can be found at any office supply store or online. When performing any transaction related to your property, we recommend you contact an attorney, title company or both.

NOTE: Direct all inquiries regarding divorces, dissolutions, and court matters to the Clerk of the Courts at 720-437-6200, or visit the Colorado Judicial Branch – Douglas County.