Designated: February 3, 2004
National Register: April 18, 2003
Current Owner: Sedalia Water and Sanitation District
Nominated By: Barbara Machann
The Sedalia Water Tank was constructed in 1890 by the Santa Fe Railroad and served as a water supply for the locomotives until diesel supplanted the use of coal-fired steam engines. Today, the water tank serves as the main water supply for Sedalia. The tank was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2002 for its role during the steam era of the rail system and for its contributions to Colorado history.