In observance of Memorial Day, County offices will be closed Monday, May 30. For online services, visit our web page.



Help Me With...

Select from list
My Residential Property
My Driver's License or Vehicle Registration
Requesting Assistance
Getting Outdoors


Select from list
My Property Valuation
Understanding My Valuation
Paying My Property Tax
Neighborhood Sales
Building Permits
Vehicle Registration - New Stickers
Vehicle Registration - New Vehicle
Drivers License - New or Renew
New Resident Vehicle Registration
Adult Protection
Child Welfare
Child Support
Child Care
Financial Assistance
Medical Assistance
Food Assistance
Decode Douglas County
Open Space Special Event Permits
Open Space Properties and Trails
Park Reservations
Parks and Trails
Register to Vote / Update Voter Registration
Upcoming Election Information
Ballot Drop Box Locations
Voter Service and Polling Centers


× Close
Human Services

Food Assistance

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)

About the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)

The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) helps low-income households in Colorado purchase food. It provides a monthly benefit that helps families and individuals buy the food they need for good health. The benefit is provided based on income, resources and the number of individuals in the household. Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) cards are used to access the benefit and can be used similar to debit cards at participating food stores. Individuals, couples and families may qualify if they meet the income and other eligibility criteria.

For additional questions, please contact our office at 303-688-4825.

Frequently Asked Questions


How do I apply?

There are several ways to apply. After you have applied, we will contact you for a required interview.


By phone:


  • Print, complete and sign a paper application and;
    • Mail it to our office at 4400 Castleton Court, Castle Rock, CO 80109
    • Drop it off at our office Monday-Friday between 8:00am and 5:00pm or anytime using the secure drop box in front of our office
    • Fax it to 877-285-8988
    • Email it to [email protected]

How do I access my SNAP benefits?

SNAP benefits are issued on an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card, also known as the Colorado Quest Card. It looks like a bank card and can be used at any authorized store that has the EBT or Quest Card logo.

Once approved, benefits are deposited into the EBT account on the same day each month, even it if falls on a weekend or holiday. A personal identification number (PIN) is required to access benefits on the EBT account. The PIN is set by the cardholder and is what keeps the benefits safe. The EBT card does not have an expiration date.

  • If you have not had an EBT card before, you can pick one up at our office, located at 4400 Castleton Court, Castle Rock, CO or one can be mailed to you.
  • Replacement cards or PIN changes can be requested by calling 888-328-2656.
  • If your EBT card is lost, stolen, or damaged, call EBT Customer Service at 1-888-328-2656 (1-888-328-2656 — TTY) to report it and order a new card. This is an automated number that will request your 16-digit card number; if you do not have the card number, hold on the line for additional options.



What are the income limits for SNAP?

SNAP income guidelines chart


What happens at redetermination?

The SNAP program requires that eligibility be reviewed periodically. You will be mailed a packet to complete or you will be notified by PEAK that it is time for you to complete your redetermination through their site.

You must complete, sign, and return the redetermination to our office by the date listed on the paperwork. The redetermination can be completed in PEAK and verification can be uploaded into PEAK also.

You can return the redetermination by one of the following methods:

  • Mail it to our office at 4400 Castleton Court, Castle Rock, CO 80109
  • Drop it off at our office Monday-Friday between 8:00am and 5:00pm or anytime using the secure drop box in front of our office
  • Fax it to 877-285-8988
  • Email it to [email protected]

An interview may be required to be completed at redetermination. Verification of current income, employment termination, or other items may be required.

You will be mailed a notice or notified to check your PEAK account for the status of the redetermination once it has been completed.

Changes and Questions

How can I report changes or ask questions about my case?


There are several ways to report changes.


  • Online at Colorado PEAK using Report My Changes

By phone:

By mail or in office:

    • Mail verification of change to our office at 4400 Castleton Court, Castle Rock, CO 80109
    • Drop verification of change off at our office Monday-Friday between 8:00am and 5:00pm or anytime using the secure drop box in front of our office
    • Fax to 877-285-8988, be sure front and back of pages are faxed
    • Email to [email protected]


If you have questions about your case, you can:

Click the link more information about the Colorado SNAP program.

Additional Resources

Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)

WIC provides free nutritious foods and nutrition education to improve the health of participating families that include pregnant, breastfeeding and postpartum women, infants and children up to the age of 5 years.


Employment First

If you are receiving Food Assistance (SNAP) in Douglas County, you may be eligible for the Employment First program, which promotes self-sufficiency and independence by providing skills training, work experience and job search support.

This program may help you in finding a job, getting career training, on-the-job-training or new skills to enhance your employability. Participants get access to intensive job search services, tuition assistance, community resources and additional services like transportation, books, supplies and interview/work clothing.

Employment First

Food Banks

Many community partners, non-profits, and faith-based organizations provide food banks and other services for individuals in need.

Food Banks

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with federal civil rights laws and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Programs that receive federal financial assistance from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), such as Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), and programs HHS directly operates are also prohibited from discrimination under federal civil rights laws and HHS regulations.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or who have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.


USDA provides federal financial assistance for many food security and hunger reduction programs such as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR) and others. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) (found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office) or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  1. mail: Food and Nutrition Service, USDA
    1320 Braddock Place, Room 334, Alexandria, VA 22314; or
  2. fax: (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
  3. phone: (833) 620-1071; or
  4. email: [email protected].

For any other information regarding SNAP issues, persons should either contact the USDA SNAP hotline number at (800) 221-5689, which is also in Spanish, or call the state information/hotline numbers (click the link for a listing of hotline numbers by state); found online at: SNAP hotline.



This institution is an equal opportunity provider.