Schedule Inspections Online with Mobile Devices
Use your mobile device to schedule building inspections online.
eSubmittal Permits for Residential Construction including Construction Meter, Mechanical, Roofing and Window/Door Replacements
This online application allows contractors and homeowners, in unincorporated Douglas County, to obtain permits for residential property, in a single transaction using a credit card or e-check.
- Construction Meter – Job site needing temporary power when it is associated to an issued Building Permit for NEW construction.
- Mechanical Permit – “Basic” residential mechanical permits for work that does not require a plan review or any additional documentation for the permit application.
- Roofing Permit – “Basic” residential roofing permits are available online, for other types of roofing permits and roofing material please contact the Building Division. The existing roof type is composition/asphalt, wood, Masonite product or metal, replacement roof type must be composition / asphalt or metal.
- Window/Door Replacement Permits – Replacement work for windows and/or doors that does not involve the alteration of wall framing.
Please note registration with Douglas County is required to use the online application.
- Registered users may login using existing credentials at https://apps.douglas.co.us/building/services/
- New users may create an account at https://apps.douglas.co.us/building/services/
The Over-the-Counter service is available Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. – Noon. One project per day per applicant will be accepted. The OTC plan review process is limited to basement finish and simple residential interior remodel.
The Douglas County Board of Appeals (Building) members are appointed by the Douglas County Board of County Commissioners to hear and decide appeals of orders, decisions, or determinations made by the building official about the application and interpretation of the building code. Members shall be qualified by experience and training and able to understand matters pertaining to building construction and shall not be employees of Douglas County.