Connections: A Mental Health Conversation with Youth
July 29 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm MDT
Are you a Douglas County youth in grades 6-12? Your elected officials want to hear from you!
This is your opportunity to talk to a County Commissioner, Mayors and Councilmembers and share your thoughts and ideas with them. Come talk about topics affecting you, the Douglas County teen. Local leaders will be there to answer your questions and just as important, listen!
Join the Douglas County Youth Initiative Advisory Board for conversation, free food, via a great food truck, and $100 Amazon gift card drawing. Bring a camp chair and your ideas – County leaders want to hear from you!
Who: Grades 6-12, and Bridge students
Where: Douglas County Fairgrounds, Field #4, 500 Fairgrounds Rd, Castle Rock, CO 80104
When: Thursday, July 29, 4-6 p.m.
Please RSVP to Marsha Alston, [email protected] or 303-814-5327, or contact with questions.
The Douglas County Youth Initiative Advisory Board:
- City of Lone Tree Council Member and DCYI Chair, Jay Carpenter
- Douglas County Government Commissioner Abe Laydon; Deputy County Manager, Barbara Drake; Maureen Waller, Project Manager
- Douglas County Libraries, Trustee, Suzanne Burkholder; Jamie Gotlieb, Manager
- Douglas County School District, Director Susan Meeks; Zach Hess, Director, Prevention and Wellness
- Highlands Ranch Metro District, Director, Andy Jones
- Town of Castle Rock, Councilmember, Tim Dietz
- Town of Parker, Councilmember, Todd Hendriks
- City of Castle Pines, Councilmembers, Deborah Mulvey and Roger Hudson