The County Attorney’s Office provides legal advice and representation for the Board of County Commissioners. The County Attorney with the approval of the Board of County Commissioners, also advises and represents all other Douglas County elected officials, the County Administrator, department and division heads, and appointed commissions, boards, and committees. Please note, by law, Douglas County Attorney staff are not allowed to give legal advice or assistance to the general public.
The Court System in Douglas County includes combined county and district courts in the 18th Judicial District.
Divorces in Douglas County, Colorado are handled by the 18th Judicial District Court. Please contact the courts for divorce questions or documents.
Douglas County Courthouse
4000 Justice Way Ste. 2009,
Castle Rock, CO 80109
Additional Court Information:
County Attorney Staff
- Lance J. Ingalls, County Attorney
Lance J. Ingalls has been the Douglas County Attorney since February 2003. He is a 1991 graduate of the University of California, San Diego, and a 1994 graduate of the University of Denver, College of Law. Prior to his appointment as Douglas County Attorney, he was an Assistant County Attorney in Douglas County and prior to that an Assistant City Attorney for the City and County of Denver. In Denver, he worked both in the Human Services Division and the Airport Division of the City Attorney’s Office, receiving a broad range of experience in local government law. Lance began his legal career as an associate attorney with Wherry & Wherry, P.C., a small general litigation firm located in Glendale. He is a charter member of the National Sheriffs’ Association Legal Advisor’s Committee, a member of the Christian Legal Society, American Bar Association, and Colorado and Douglas County Bar Associations. He was also elected a member-at-large for the Colorado Family Support Council while still with the City and County of Denver. Lance is licensed to practice law in the State of Colorado, the United States District Court for the District of Colorado, and the United States 10th Circuit Court of Appeals. In February 2004, Lance was sworn in to the United States Supreme Court Bar, sponsored by the National Sheriffs’ Association Legal Advisor’s Committee.
- Kelly Dunnaway, Deputy County Attorney
- Dawn Johnson, Senior Asst. County Attorney
- Carmen Jackson-Brown, Senior Asst. County Attorney
- LeeAnn Reigrut, Senior Asst. County Attorney (Human Services)
- Angela Borkowski, Asst. County Attorney (Human Services)
- Lori Kennedy, Senior Asst. County Attorney (Human Services)
- Kathryn Cherry, Senior Asst. County Attorney (Human Services)
- Christopher K. Pratt, Senior Asst. County Attorney
- Megan Taggart, Asst. County Attorney
- Patrick Fiedler, Senior Legal Analyst
- Madeleine Daily – Paralegal (Human Services)
- Cindy Hancock, Legal Analyst
- Jaime Adessa, Legal Analyst
- Amy Williams, Legal Assistant