Communities should reflect widely held community values, such as citizen health, safety, conservation of resources, efficiency, beauty, and equity. The vision of the County’s citizens is embodied in the Comprehensive Master Plan (CMP), the keystone to the County’s growth management program. The Planning Services Division facilitates the implementation of the CMP through a review of land use applications, which are presented to the Board of County Commissioners as the decision-making body. The vision of the CMP is further expressed in policy and regulatory documents, including the Parks, Trails and Open Space Master Plan, Transportation Plan, and Subdivision and Zoning Resolutions.
Planning Services staff evaluates land-use proposals for conformance with the regulations and CMP goals and policies. The division also handles addressing for the County; provides zoning compliance; issues sign permits; and provides site development administration for nonresidential construction. In addition, administrative support is provided to the Planning Commission.
We encourage all customers to take advantage of online services. Otherwise, services are available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Philip S. Miller Building at 100 Third Street in Castle Rock.
Planning Services has the following resources available for serving our customers online:
- Presubmittal review requests, email [email protected]. Staff will contact you if additional information is needed and provide you with comments after the review is complete.
- Submit a land use application, email [email protected]. Staff may contact you for additional information and to arrange for payment of fees.
- Apply for a sign permit, email [email protected]. Staff may contact you for additional information and to arrange for payment of fees.
- Renew or apply for a liquor license, email [email protected]. Staff may contact you for additional information and to arrange for payment of fees.
- General information requests, email [email protected] or call 303-660-7460 during business hours.
- Electronic versions of regulations, plans, and procedures visit regulations and procedures.
- Application forms and fee schedules visit planning applications
- Information on land use applications in process visit Project Records Online (PRO).