Facilities currently manages 33 buildings/sites totaling 1,408,.61 square feet, across 844 square miles. Our facilities house multiple functions, supporting all County departments and a current County population of 336,000. One of our core missions is to provide safe, secure, comfortable, efficient and sustainable environments for citizens and employees. View County Facility locations. Need to book an event? Please visit the Douglas County Fairgrounds and Event Center for rental rates, available locations and event calendar.
The Fleet Division manages and maintains approximately 1,000 assets. The fleet contains vehicles ranging from motorcycles to heavy construction equipment. Light equipment accounts for approximately one-third of the fleet and consists of sedans and pickup trucks operated by various County departments. Heavy equipment operated by Public Works staff accounts for approximately one-third of the fleet which consists of heavy construction and snow removal equipment. Law enforcement accounts for the remaining third of the fleet and consists of marked/unmarked patrol units, investigation vehicles, and special purpose vehicles.
Douglas County participates in the Rocky Mountain E-Purchasing System (BidNet®) is an online notification system that is being utilized by multiple agencies within the State of Colorado. Participating agencies post their bids, quotes, proposals, addendums, and awards on this one centralized system.
Vendors are encouraged to register and become familiar with the Rocky Mountain E-Purchasing System.
Vendor registration is FREE; however, vendors may select to receive automatic e-mail notification for a small annual fee. It is the responsibility of the potential vendor to monitor the website regularly in order to be aware of business opportunities and review changes or addendums to bids, quotes, and proposals.
- Manage all Douglas County Facilities including the Douglas County Fairgrounds and Events Center
- Manage County building construction projects
- Prepare and implement annual budget and continue implementation and updates of the Facilities Master Plan
- Facilities Maintenance – planned and unplanned maintenance
- Procure supplies, equipment, materials, and services to protect our capital investments
- Address environmental concerns for Facilities by developing policies and procedures pertaining to environmental and sustainable initiatives
- Protect and preserve the taxpayers’ investment in facilities through effective maintenance
- Meet facility needs for future years while safeguarding future revenue sources
- Retain a funding source for inevitable unplanned needs
- Develop a capital facilities reserve and replacement fund
- Develop policies establishing standardization in procurement and use of facilities
- Develop policies and procedures pertaining to environmental and sustainable facility initiatives