As a vital partner in Douglas County’s success, we offer a comprehensive employee benefits package with many choices for greater flexibility. Here is a brief summary of the benefit plans available to Douglas County employees. In general, if you elect benefits for you and any eligible dependents, coverage begins on the first day of the month following one month of employment. Part-time employees receive a pro-rated benefits package.
Benefits — Pre–Tax Dollars
- Medical Insurance—Aetna provides medical and prescription services through networks of doctors, pharmacists, hospitals, and other healthcare providers. Employees can choose from three plan options: Aetna WHN CO Front Range Select, Aetna Open Access Select (HMO) or Aetna WHN CO Front Range Choice POSII HDHP/HSA.
- Dental Insurance—Delta Dental Plan of CO provides a full range of dental services through Delta’s network of dentists and specialists. County employees have their choice of two plan options, Delta PPO or Delta PPO Plus.
- Vision Plan—Vision Service Plan offers a comprehensive vision care program designed to provide you with professional services and high-quality lenses and frames through a network of providers.
- Pre-Tax Supplemental Plans
- Deferred Compensation—Voluntary 457 tax-deferred Retirement Plan through ICMA-RC.
- Basic Life Insurance and AD&D.
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability.
- Employee Assistance Plan.
- 401(a) Defined Contribution Plan—Employees provide a 8 percent mandatory contribution and in turn, Douglas County contributes 8 percent, according to a defined vesting schedule.
- Paid Time Off
- 10 1/2 Holidays + 1 Floating Holiday per year.
- 9 hours vacation accrual per month.
- 8 hours sick accrual per month.
- Voluntary Benefits: Supplemental Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability buy-up, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, and Wellness Program.