Over-the-Counter (OTC) Plan Review – The Over-the-Counter service is available Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. – Noon. One project per day per applicant will be accepted. The OTC plan review process is limited to basement finishes and simple residential interior remodels.
Basement Finish Submittal Requirements
The following are required when submitting for a basement finish permit:
- View the Basement Finish Guide
- Building permit application. If contractors are being used they shall be listed on your application at the time of submittal (Home Owner Agreement Form).
- Construction documents. One set of scaled (¼” = 1’) construction plans on white paper in blue or black ink (two sets if submitting for Over the Counter Plan Review). Plans shall include:
- All rooms shall be labeled as to their intended use and shall include dimensions, location of plumbing fixtures, location and size of all existing and new windows and doors.
- Label all egress windows and window wells.
- Locations of furnace, water heater and stairs.
- Label all unfinished areas.
- Location of smoke alarm(s).
- Location of carbon monoxide alarm(s).
- Homes with automatic fire suppression systems (sprinklers) require written approval from the fire district for the basement sprinkler system design.
- If your home is served by a septic system, an approval letter from Tri-County Health Department is required if you are adding bedroom(s) in the basement.
Still have questions? Visit Basement Finish Frequently Asked Questions.