Residential deck permit submittal requirements
- Review the Deck Submittal Requirements Checklist and Residential Deck Detail.
- Building Permit Application. If contractors are being used they shall be listed on your application at the time of submittal (Home Owner Agreement Form).
- Construction documents. One set of scaled (¼” = 1’) construction plans on white paper in blue or black ink. Plans shall include:
- Site plan showing dimensions to property lines and other structures.
- Location of existing egress windows and window wells under the deck.
- Structural framing plans shall include all dimensions, species, and size of lumber, size, and spacing of caisson footings, posts, beams, joists, and a ledger attachment detail.
- Stair and railing details when applicable.
- Size and type of decking material. When synthetic decking or railing is specified, the manufacturer’s specifications shall be provided.